Developed for use in downhole oil drilling operations, Lancer’s Fiber Optic Extreme® – an optical connection system that ensures data transmission when exposed to extreme pressures and extreme temperatures – is capable of withstanding operating pressures of 25,000 psi and temperatures up to 347°F (175°C).
- High-pressure operation—Our connections are designed for operation up to 25,000 psi
- High-temperature operation—Our connections are designed for operation up to 347 °F (175°C)
- Channel count— 1 to 12 channels
- Small size—Connectors fit in external housing less than 0.5″ OD
- Patented technology—Our proprietary joining technology ensures sealing and precision alignment under extreme conditions
- Single or multi-channel configuration—Available per customer configuration, all designs can incorporate single-mode and multi-mode fibers
- Stainless steel bodies—Manufactured from 17-4pH, Inconel® 718, Inconel® 625 or Hastelloy® C-276; other materials can be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Test reports—Every connector and feedthrough adapter is 100 percent tested for light insertion loss prior to delivery; a test report accompanies every connector and feedthrough
The superior ruggedness of the Fiber Optic Extreme® penetrator is demonstrated in a comprehensive test report outlining the environmental and mechanical testing conducted by an independent laboratory. The report includes temperature cycling, salt fog, shock, vibration and pressure tests.
EXPORT RESTRICTIONS: These parts may be subject to the United States Munitions List (USML) and may be subject to the ITAR requirements that can be found in Subchapter M, Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120 through 130 (22CFR 120-130). A license from the US Department of State may be required to Export these products.