Lancer designs and manufacturers thermoplastic, thermoset and ceramic matrix composite solutions for the defense and aerospace industries.
- Possesses excellent heat resistance, high fatigue strength and superior stiffness vs. weight performance as compared to metals.
- Can be manufactured into large shapes.
- Used in primary- and secondary-structure applications in UAV’s, aircraft panels and other weight-sensitive applications.
- Lancer capabilities include pre-preg hand lay-up, roll-wrapping, in- & out-of-autoclave processing, as well as compression molding.
- Provide excellent durability and impact resistance. Thermoplastics in many cases can be reformed or repaired.
- Can be manufactured into complex shapes to produce cost-effective secondary structures such as brackets.
Lancer capabilities include compression molding and machining of stock shapes. Lancer leverages Greene, Tweed and other industry partners for injection mold.
Ceramic Matrix Composites
- Well-suited for extreme high temperatures (in excess of 2500°F).
- Provide superior toughness when compared to monolithic ceramics.
- Can be manufactured into complex shapes for applications such as jet-engine components, exoatmosphere vehicle attitude control systems, and extreme temperature thermal barriers.
- The Polymer Infiltration and Pyrolysis (PIP) process used by Lancer provides higher throughput of larger parts as compared to the Chemical Vapor Infiltration (CVI) process.